Saturday, November 24, 2012

Turkey Trot!

I've ticked something off my "bucket list" I have always been in awe of runners---knowing that "I just can't run".My youngest son ran cross country and it was an incredible feeling to just be surrounded by runners at events and feed off their energy. This summer I asked myself why I couldn't run and I didn't have a good answer. So I started a walking/running program and felt proud, and yet----. My oldest son urged me to sign up for a 5K run and said that would show progress. Again, those old doubts came into play. But when he presented the opportunity for all of us to run in a 5K---and do it on Thanksgiving morning, I asked myself --"why not?" So we all signed up and on a beautiful sunny Ohio morning 2 days ago, we did it! It was an emotional moment to see the Welcome Runners sign but with the finish line in sight---and my whole family(who finished quite a bit in front of me) cheering me on--it was emotional beyond words. I am proud of all of us and never thought I would do this!!!! What next???

No comments: