Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Ahhhh. Sunday. This morning was my favorite Art Show of the summer. The Art on the Mall at the University of Toledo. It was a spectacularly beautiful day too. We bought a few birthday presents for others and strolled around enjoying the sights. Hope your weekend was fun too----it is just a shame that it comes to an end!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
1. Summer Street and Art Fairs. What a great place to buy beaded jewelry and just to people watch.
2. Knitting and watching the pouring rain while the door is open. And not to mention the smell of rain
3. Eating dinner outside---okay and drinking mojitos on the deck too.
4. Meeting friends and coworkers on Friday evenings on the deck of the local Mexican restaurant.
5. Having a Teacher Husband who is off for the summer work on projects around the house. Such as trying to find his lost putting cup in the pond.
6. My Garden and all the tomatoes, zucchini and peppers coming in. And fresh salsa with fresh ground pepper!!!
7. Flowers in hot tropical colors like Fuschia, and Orange
8. Being able to hop on my bike and leave all stress and cares behind
9. Summer evenings listening to Rod Allen and Mario Imbemba on Detroit Fox announce the Tiger games. And Rod saying "you can't sneak cheese by a rat"
10. Thinking about all of you and hoping you are enjoying your summer too!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
This is the Blackberry-Blueberry Pie I made yesterday after my trip to the market. I think it is quite lovely and so I thought I would take my mom a piece---kind of an offering to the goddess of baking, if you will(she used to be an excellent baker). I cut a wedge and we took it to her---complete with camera to record the moment when she would nod her approval. She put the fork to her lips, swallowed and said----"nothing out of the ordinary" I think you could actually hear the wind coming out of my sails. But then she looked at me sheepishly and said "did you make this---I hurt your feelings didn't I--I don't want to do that!" We all had a good laugh. Nothing like a mother to humble us!