Monday, April 14, 2008

A Priceless Birthday Present

Today is my birthday and it has been a wonderful 2 days. Yesterday we celebrated with Matt, Adam and Jonelle and I received some wonderful presents. But, thanks to my brother, I was able to hear my father's voice-for the first time. As you probably know, my father died tragically young and my brother and I were both under 2 and too young to remember. After our oldest sister died last year, we found a tape that had his voice on it. My brother had it transferred to a CD and for the first time I have heard his voice. And what a beautiful voice it was----and on the tape---he was talking to 6 month old ME. And I was talking back---in baby talk. It was incredible and very emotional to hear this and something I am constantly thinking about. Thank you Ed for this present and thank you to my family for making my birthday very special. I love all of you!

1 comment:

Diane in Nashville said...

THAT IS FABULOUS! Way to go Ed. Yes I did notice you didn't post something for 3 days.........:) I love your blog!! Happy Belated Birthday! Love - Diane :)