Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I have been lusting after this book--the Ken Follett Fall of Giants, NOT the Susan Lucci below it. I have been stalking it ever since I read his Giants of the Earth. Yes, stalking is the correct word. But being a woman of principle, I could not bring myself to pay 18.00 on Amazon for an electronic download--which was more expensive than the physical book. I checked back frequently and it actually went UP in price. So I checked the availability at our library and LOOONG waiting list. So-I gave up and went to the library to find something else to read and there it was!! Sitting on the shelf!! I was almost afraid to check it out--I was sure the computer wouldn't let me and say "sorry there is a reserve on this" But I actually was able to bring this book home and I am thrilled! My hot tea is at my right, my hound dog at my left ---and now, if you'll excuse me, I have some reading to do!

No comments: