Tuesday, March 15, 2011


Yesterday was Pi Day---as in Pi r2(it's a mathematical function and----be prepared to be impressed----the area of a circle). Anyway--I think it would have been appropriate to have baked a pie yesterday--but I didn't. And since St. Patrick's Day is coming up, I did make this Grasshopper Pie today. Super easy recipe. And before I post the recipe---it is also the National Day of Recognition in Hungary of the 1848 revolution. And since I am not Irish or a mathemitician---I am going to recognize the green in the Hungarian flag with this green pie.

Here is the recipe

1 Oreo cookie crust

1 bag of mini marshmallows

1/3 cup milk

1/4 tsp salt

3 TBL Creme de Menthe

3 Tbl White Creme de Cocoa

1 1/2 cups whipping cream

Melt marshmallows and stir in milk and salt. Chill till slightly thickened. Stir in liqours and green food coloring if desired. Whip cream and fold together with marshmallow mix and pour into crust

Okay, so I didn't have Creme de Menthe and didn't want to run out in the rain to buy any. And I didn't have White Creme de Cocoa. But I did have Peppermint Schnapps and brown Creme de Cocoa and they worked just perfectly(with the green food coloring). Try it!

No comments: