Saturday, January 5, 2013

Homemade Bread

Along with my quest for healthier eating comes an urge to cook. Add to the mix a houseful of sickly people. Not me though---I had a flu shot! Today we had chicken noodle soup simmering on the stove and this was my finest hour for homemade soup. Not sure why this one turned out better than others except I used a really plump-obese would be more like it---roaster and set it simmering all day with just enough water to cover. And then I tried a new recipe for homemade bread---a great no-knead artisanal loaf that called for a pan of water in the oven to give it a crunchy crust. Finally--and this is what I am really proud of---I wanted a dessert and made crepes at the last minute using my homemade pear jam as a filling. The best part was this was not labor intensive but a really enjoyable day!

No comments: