Monday, November 17, 2008




This is going to be an ongoing saga this week. It all started when the announcement came out that my department at work was having it's Christmas Party this Friday. The invitation invited all to enter the Dessert Contest and I found myself writing in Hungarian Dobos Torte. For any Non Hungarians reading this---it is a multi layer cake that is baked on the underside of a cake pan---11 layers. Between each layer is milk chocolate creamy rich frosting. The sponge layers and the chocolate frosting---incredible. However---I have NEVER made this dessert. So Sunday I made 11 layers, using my Grandmother's recipe in the St. Stephen's cookbook. I have carefully packed them between wax paper and will frost it later this week. Keep your fingers crossed that this will turn out. I am not going for the prize because I saw there were a lot of great desserts coming---I just want this to turn out like my Mom made it. Kind of a tune-up for Christmas-because if I succeed, I will make another one for my Christmas Dinner. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Matthew Gross said...

Let me know how it turns out. If it's ok then you can make one for my company party.

Unknown said...

hey, my party is the 11th......do these ship well?

Matthew Gross said...

Don't worry, she'd be happy to deliver it.