Saturday, March 7, 2009

My computer is "in" for repairs(and my repairman is Adam). I am browsing Dan's photos and found this great shot he took last summer when he was invited on a refueling flight with the Ohio Air National Guard. It is gray and rainy here BUT warm. We spent last evening at the funeral home with Dan's family. His cousin died way too young of cancer(and believe me when I say 55 is young). His uncle Lloyd is here from Florida. We could listen to his stories continuously-he was a pilot in WW2. And not the usual war stories either----more on the lines of flying from Africa to Cairo "to pick up liquor" and carrying containers of water so that by the time he landed with the goods, the water would be frozen for ice and voila---instant party. You have to make the most of each day, he advised, because you never know what is around the corner.

No comments: