Sunday, May 24, 2009







It's been a great weekend so far--and what is even better is knowing there is still one more day left! So far this weekend, we-------

1. Planted our garden and are still finding new plants to fill the vacant spots. Along with the old standby tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, brussel sprouts, zucchini and onions we added cauliflower, broccoli, cantelope and cabbage.
2. Went to a family wedding and visited with some wonderful cousins. Here is a pic of my cousin Mariska and her wonderful son, Joseph from Arizona. The last time I saw him was about 10 years ago and he has grown into a wonderful young man.
3. Went to Flower Day at the Market and bought some herbs to plant. Now I am trying to decide where to create an herb garden.
4. Started to sew some cotton skirts using vintage material I found in my Mom's attic. My favorite is a black and white print with French landmarks on it. I am hoping it turns out!
5. Stopped into Black Swamp Quilt Shop near my house and fell in love with all the beautiful fabric. Plan on taking quilt classes in the fall.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments: