Sunday, May 10, 2009


Naturally, I've been thinking a lot about my Mom today--and went through some pictures I had of her. Here is my gorgeous Mom holding her firstborn daughter Connie, near her Mom's gravesite on Mother's Day. Sadly, her Mom, my grandmother died shortly after Connie was born. This pretty baby died before I was born----at the age of 11 of a brain tumor. Such sadness in my Mom's life and this was only the beginning--as my Dad died 2 years after Connie. But-------my strong Mother went on and raised 3 children as a single Mom while working in a music store. No---she didn't know anything about music when she was hired but acquired a great deal of knowledge and provided piano lessons for my brother and I . In retrospect, I am so in awe of her-----our home was filled with love and happiness and now I wonder how she carried on with that sorrow inside of her. I was so lucky to have such a strong, beautiful Mom.

1 comment:

Mariska said...

I thought about you and Ed this Mother's Day. And your comments about your mother are so true. What courage and strength she must have mustered. She was as beautiful inside as she was outside. You and your brother are living tributes to her grace and beauty. At the core, her spirit lives on in both of you. Sending you.....all the love in my heart!