Monday, May 16, 2011

This is kind of like a public service announcement. And it started when my brother called from California to ask my advice about treating his poison ivy. And that led to remembering what my mother always said about this-"wash with Fels Naptha soap". And this was reinforced by what my nursing co-workers told me last year when I had it-" you have to wash it with an old fashioned but hard to find soap". So I repeated all that to my brother who reported back that he couldn't find this soap in his area of California and,in his opinion, it was probably because it killed a fruit fly and has been banned. Well after I stopped laughing, I went out and bought 2 bars-one to send to him and one to keep on hand. Because when you have poison ivy, the last thing you want to do is to go out hunting this soap down. So-if you see it, do yourself a favor and buy one for your medicine chest! The Milk Bones
aren't for me.

2 comments:

Diane in Nashville said...

Jeff and Lucas are always getting poison ivy and oak. What store did you get that soap?

Tiger Fan said...

I bought it at Meier--do you have that store in your area. It was on the very bottom shelf of the bar soap section but I have also seen it at times in the mops and broom section. Let me know if you can't find it and I will send you a bar!