Saturday, July 5, 2008





I've been reading a lot lately about the 100 mile diet and it just make sense to support local food producers. So, if I am going to try that, now would be the time to start with the local produce bursting onto the scene. Today, I got up at 6:30 and went to the Farmer's Market and found 1. the last of the sour cherries of the season. The early bird got the worm on this one because they were selling out FAST. 2. Red Beets---which we love to roast and 3. Sugar snap peas------fresh peas are a continent apart from canned or frozen. I am not sure if I can follow the 100 mile diet 100% but I am going to do as much as I can---even if it means canning and freezing. Nothing like supporting the local economy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Farmers Market! None that I have seen can compare to the one on Erie Street. My mom and I use to go practically every Saturday during the season. I want a piece of that cherry pie! Looking lucious.