Monday, July 21, 2008

10 Reasons We Love Summer

It's been HOT. It's been MUGGY. And I was in Vegas where it was HOT HOT HOT(I know, I know-"but it's a dry heat") But you won't hear me complaining. In fact--here are 10 reasons I love this time of year.
1. Summer Street and Art Fairs. What a great place to buy beaded jewelry and just to people watch.
2. Knitting and watching the pouring rain while the door is open. And not to mention the smell of rain
3. Eating dinner outside---okay and drinking mojitos on the deck too.
4. Meeting friends and coworkers on Friday evenings on the deck of the local Mexican restaurant.
5. Having a Teacher Husband who is off for the summer work on projects around the house. Such as trying to find his lost putting cup in the pond.
6. My Garden and all the tomatoes, zucchini and peppers coming in. And fresh salsa with fresh ground pepper!!!
7. Flowers in hot tropical colors like Fuschia, and Orange
8. Being able to hop on my bike and leave all stress and cares behind
9. Summer evenings listening to Rod Allen and Mario Imbemba on Detroit Fox announce the Tiger games. And Rod saying "you can't sneak cheese by a rat"
10. Thinking about all of you and hoping you are enjoying your summer too!

3 comments:

Diane in Nashville said...

We actually had a double rainbow over 4th of July weekend. I'll have to email you the picture. I would also have to add to my list, watching my 4 and 5 year old play in the sprinkler!

Diane in Nashville said...

I also have to compliment you AGAIN on your writing. As long as you write, I'll be reading it. I really look forward to your entries! :)

Anonymous said...

I got pictures of this same rainbow last night, only we could see the whole thing from our deck. After I took a picture, a double arch appeared and I got pictures of it too. I love the kind of rain we had last evening with the sun still out!