Tuesday, September 23, 2008



Ever since I figured out the order of life, I have dreaded the day my Mom would die. Perhaps this was compounded by the fact that she was both mom and dad to us. But this last year, esp. these last months this proud independant woman suffered so much that I was praying for a peaceful end to her suffering. But last nite at the funeral home, she came alive in stories and laughter, pictures and reminiscing and the mom I remembered--my "movie star mom" as my friends called her will always be remembered for her spirit, her smile, her cooking, her heart and her love. I want to thank everyone who made us smile, who shared a story who loved her like my brother Ed and I always have and always will.

1 comment:

Diane in Nashville said...

I wish I could have been there with you. :( Remember her for her beautiful smile and spirit. The great thing about memories is, you always have them with you any time of the day or night and they can NEVER be taken away from you! They have gotten me through many days but also shed many tears. Just have peace in your heart knowing she is not suffering. Now it is time to take care of yourself and YOUR health!
Love - Diane