Sunday, August 30, 2009







There is a wonderful park 1/2 mile from our house where we wear out the trails with our bikes and shoes and dog. Several years ago the Metroparks purchased additional land to expand the park and then, one of our pioneer families donated the original family log cabin. Today, the park dedicated the new land and new living history museum with a big party. It was great to see the community come together to celebrate and also to see old friends. To raise funds, there was a paving brick campaign and we bought one to honor my Mom and Aunt. Our family has a long history in this area and I thought it appropriate to put their name on a brick---my aunt was a member of the first graduating class at Clay High School and my Mom, was her class's Strawberry Queen. It will be great to ride my bike along the new trails and see the brick with these 2 gals name on it!

No comments: