Thursday, March 11, 2010


Another week--another batch of cookies. These treats went into the freezer to get a jumpstart on Easter. I have used this recipe for a LONG time and got it off the M & M wrapper about 20 some years ago. I adapted it somewhat---instead of adding the M&M's to the batter, I plop them into the cookie as soon as they come out of the oven. They just look prettier that way. Oh--but do not worry--I substituted chocolate chips into the batter instead. AND NOW LET ME RANT!! Why can't I find the pastel colored M &M's anymore. They used to always have them at Easter time. Instead they have these egg shaped milk chocolate covered candies. Not the same for cookies!!!! But I had to make do. And while I am on the subject---what was with the green colored M&M's for Valentines Day. The package said "Green--the new color of Love" Can someone explain that to me?

M&M Cookies

3/4 cup butter-room temp(I use part unsalted butter and part margerine)

1 and 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar

2 eggs-room temp

2 1/4 cup flour

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp soda

1 cup chocolate chips

1 large bag M & M's

1/2 cup chopped nuts-optional but oh so better when added!

Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips. Drop onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Bake in preheated over for 10-12 mins at 350. As soon as you take them out of oven, stick M&M's in top and cool on rack.

No comments: