Tuesday, March 2, 2010


Cookie Baking Day----again. But first I went to the gym, so I didn't feel too guilty if I had a cookie---or two. This is my "go-to" cookie for several reasons. It's easy and the ingredients are always available. But---the result is a SOFT cookie that I love. I got this recipe a long, long time ago(when I was first married) from my mom's cookbook collection--A Farm Journal cookbook.


Here is the recipe---


Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies


1/2 cup margerine---room temp


1 cup brown sugar


1 egg--room temp


1 tsp vanilla


1 3/4 cup sifted flour


1/2 tsp salt


1/2 tsp baking soda


1/4 cup buttermilk


6 oz chocolate chips


Cream margerine and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk(begin and end with dry ingredients). Add chocolate chips. Bake 375 deg for 8-10 mins.


A word of advice. I have been having great success lately with my baking by simply making sure my butter/margerine and eggs are room temp.

No comments: