Thursday, May 8, 2008



Is there anything sweeter than Lilacs to lift the spirits? We love them. As you can see, we surround ourselves with them. At first I thought I planted them too close to the foundation but it is so nice to look out the window and see them. The Pocohantas bush pictured through the rainy window pane was a Mother's Day present several years ago. The vase contains cuttings from my Mom's French Lilac bush. That bush was planted by my grandmother and is a glorious deep purple--I have never seen a lilac as beautiful as that one. And of course, I have one right outside my kitchen window. Lilacs----we love them!

2 comments:

Diane in Nashville said...

My personal favorite too!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Mine too! I remember lots of them in gradeschool at St. Stephen's, not to mention the aroma that permiated the air throughout Birmingham come lilac bloom.