Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Maumee Bay State Park


There is a beautiful State Park not far from our house, along the shore of Lake Erie. But what is sad is we hardly ever visit it! It has a walkable boardwalk, nature area, sandy beach and summer concerts. If I was on vacation and visited it, I would say "I wish I had a park like this close to our house because I would be here all the time." Isn't that sad---to have something so beautiful so close and not utilize it? Yesterday we strolled the boardwalk and came upon this almost newborn fawn---right off the boardwalk. Mama was away foraging for food. It was so peaceful and sweet and drew a lot of attention from fellow walkers. It was encouraging to see so many parents with their families teaching them about nature. I thought I would be brave and post the picture of myself. I forgot Dan had his camera and so I stopped and tried to see animal tracks and snakes. Later as I was going through the pictures, I saw he took this shot. Funny Dan!
We also saw an owl's nests with little owls peeking out and Mama owl nearby in a tree.

No comments: