Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day One




If this post is to make any sense, you need to look at yesterday's post.

1. Saw the Perseid Meteor Showers-check mark. Okay, I tried to view from Maumee Bay but the park ranger immediately sped toward us like we were about to commit a crime. Blocked our vehicle and when Dan got out of the car to set the good man straight, he BELLOWED-"GET BACK INTO YOUR VEHICLE". I thought about asking him to pose for a pic for the blog but thought that might not be a good idea and then wondered if they would take away my camera once I was inside the jail cell---but he let us off free with a warning to never enter the park after 11pm. When Dan asked if we could view from the lodge we were informed, and not in a polite way either, that we were not paying guests. My mouth opened and I almost said "just tax payers, paying your salary" but I decided to not say a word. So we went home and saw some spectacular streaking meteors from our deck. And then when the flapping HUGE bat got a little too close, I went to bed.

2. Made Ratatouille-check mark. Except that we went for a nice long bicycle ride and stopped for ice cream. Dan had a HUGE banana split and wasn't very hungry for dinner.

And---I didn't clean or get up at 5am either. No stores except for the gas station.

This afternoon we are taking a drive to Port Clinton and have dinner at Mon Ami. AND we are going to sit outside which is my favorite way to eat in the summer. Hopefully we won't encounter any park rangers or bats. Just a well chilled glass of something smooth!

No comments: