Monday, August 11, 2008

Vacation










I am on vacation! Here is what I am going to do this week




1. Finish knitting all these socks and dishtowels. I PROMISE I won't buy any more sock yarn until these are done. Please God, don't let my favorite sites like PurlSoho or Jimmy Beans Wool send me any more emails enticing me until these are done.



2. Read this book that my friend Colleen recommended. And it is a library book so I only have 2 weeks to finish it.


3. Make cute little carrying case pouches for my camera and Ipod out of this material that was left over from a skirt I made.


4. Turn this produce from our garden into Ratataouille using the eggplant and zucchini.


5. Go to Maumee Bay State Park tonite at Midnite to watch the Perseid Meteor Shower. Last chance to see them for 100 years. Which reminds me of the time we took our (then) small sons to the shore of Maumee Bay to watch them. Pitch black and we couldn't see where we were even stepping. We thought we were the only ones there until the first Meteor streaked across the sky and all of a sudden we heard a large collective OOOH from a very large amount of people laying on the beach.


6. Make M&M chocolate chip cookies to send to Diane in Virginia as a back to school present for her 2 adorable children(if the weather is cool so they don't melt!)\


7. Travel to one of the most beautiful places on Earth in upper Michigan to do some bike riding, eating well and relaxing at this condo.


8. Clean out another sewing drawer and sell unwanted cross stitch books on Ebay. I no longer have the patience or eyesight to do that work. But the real reason is knitting is my true love.

7. Climb the dunes at Sleeping Bear Dunes. A place that takes my breath away every time I see it----both from the beauty and the exertion.


Here is what I am NOT going to be doing


1. Getting out of bed at 5am. Although I did keep my alarm set just so I could open my eyes at that hour, smile and go back to sleep(after I nudged Dan and said "hey, I'm on vacation too.His remark was "Gee, I am really going to miss your hairdryer going off at 5:15


2. Cleaning my house


3. Cooking anything that I have made before(except for the above mentioned cookies).


4.Setting one foot inside any store--grocery or otherwise. Unless the store is in Petoskey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, you are cracking me up again girl!!! Not to mention the absolutely great tips about meteors that you have!! You have to promise to show the finished products of all the aforementioned items on your vacation list.

Diane in Nashville said...

how long is your vacation, a month?????!!!! ha! ha! :) Enjoy your time off!!! I only have a few more months until my vacation. CAN'T WAIT to come back to Toledo with the kids!!!!