Wednesday, August 20, 2008

No Cook Pasta Sauce


What do you do when you work all day, come home to a hungry husband and have gorgeous tomatoes bursting on the vine. You make pasta from one of my favorite summer cookbooks. What is great about this cookbook is it inspires you to create your own combos. And the only cooking is the pasta. Delicious. Here is how I made tonites dish
-1 pkg bowtie pasta(you can use any kind)--cooked.
In large bowl add
-aprox. 6 chopped tomatoes with juice
-1 cup sliced black olives
-1 cup feta cheese
-1/4 cup chopped basil
-3 Tbl olive oil
salt and pepper to taste.
Drain pasta and add while warm to bowl. Stir and EAT. The warm pasta slightly melts the feta. And you can add fresh grated Parmesan on top. EASY AND DELICIOUS.

2 comments:

Diane in Nashville said...

looks delicious!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

You have all the ingredients for a healthy dinner. Next time try making the recipe with 100% whole wheat pasta. I love using the spirals, which it seems is the usual one I buy at Trader Joes (one of my favorite places to shop- infact, most of my groceries come from there). I haven't seen it in farfel pasta at T.J.'s. Maybe I am not looking hard enough. I have been using whole wheat so long, my family doesn't even know the difference in most cases.