Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Isn't she sweet

This is my very favorite Christmas ornament--and has been my entire life. She came to live at our house this year----packed in a box with a handwritten notation on the lid in my Mom's handwriting. "This was the first ornament I bought when I was first married. 1942" When we were little, Mom would carefully lift her from her box and spray her with white flocking to look like snow. As the years went by, some Christmas's she never made it out of the box, in favor of newer fancier ornaments. But I never forgot her and and am thrilled she has a place of honor in my house. Check out her adorable face. I am not going to spray her with snow however---I want to preserve her and hand her down to my sons. She brings a smile to my face, every time I look at her! I don't think I will pack her away either-she may stay out all year round.


No comments: