Monday, June 16, 2008

Goodnite Irene

I experienced a "moment" today that I will remember the rest of my life. I rode my bike to the Rehab facility to see my Mom and since I happened to have my Ipod with me from the bike ride---and because she was restless and was trying to trick me into putting her to bed before dinner---I placed my earbuds into her ears and played "Goodnite Irene" for her. When she was younger and we would be at family get togethers or weddings, whenever she left the party, people would sing "Goodnite Irene" to her. I watched her today, swaying to the music and all of a sudden she broke out in song--much to the delight of those around her. Thank goodness I had my camera! Push the Play button above and you can share this special moment

3 comments:

Matthew Gross said...

Hey, that was very cool. Although you did say that you rode your 'book' to see her.

Diane in Nashville said...

Awwww.......thanks for the tear before work! Like you said, moments like this will stay in your memory forever. Cheerish her while you have her! :)

Anonymous said...

Brought a tear to me as well. Thanks for sharing! Sorry to hear that she has been sick. How is she doing now? Send my love.