Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Life Begins in the Garden


How fair is a garden amid the trials and passions of existence. ~Benjamin Disraeli

As you know, my mom has been hospitalized and it is so difficult to see her ill. Today after coming home from seeing her I took a long overdue walk in the garden and was rewarded by some unexpected sights. The periwinkle clematis was planted 2 years ago and is spectacular at last. I have narrowed my favorite perennials down to a short list of must haves and Clematis is at the top. I have several varieties in different parts of the yard. My mom always had a beautiful one too. The zucchini has blossoms and vegetables will soon follow. In another month, if you stop over, we will be begging you to take some home. And I have a new recipe I want to try--zucchini fritters. Stop over and we can have them with a nice hot tea. I noticed that Dan planted some Hens and Chicks in his old pair of hiking boots. He had these boots before we were married and I was so impressed with them. He bought me a matching pair for our first anniversary. Modern technology has made these heavy boots obsolete but I still have mine and still love them. Finally, our baby is growing. The Salsa tomatoes we planted from seed are shooting up. Again, stop in next month and we can have fresh Salsa along with our Zucchini fritters!


1 comment:

Diane in Nashville said...

You are a FABULOUS journalist!! Keep it up because I'll keep reading every entry! :)

Your biggest "fan" :)