Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Shade Garden.


Several years ago I started putting shade loving plants under this tree as a "temporary parking place". Then I started tweaking things a little and moving plants around-still with the intention of transplanting someday. This year, however, those little plants have grown up and really look great in my Shade Garden. Last nite we had downpours most of the evening and in the early morning light, the leaves looked irridescent with the moisture on them. I love these Hostas---I love all Hostas!Who knew there could be so many Hostas to choose from. In the 11:00 spot in the picture are a clump of Lillies of the Valley that my mom gave me from her yard many years ago. In the 3:00 spot are Astilbe--I am tying to mass these in a clump. I have 2 white flowering which will soon be moving to a new home to make room for more red ones. And remember-----read the sign and SMILE!

No comments: