Sunday, October 12, 2008

Families-Past and Present

Today was a day for re-connecting with family--both past and present. Dan and I and my brother Ed drove to Cleveland to visit with my Mom's brother and his family. We had a great time on a beautiful day. Along the way we stopped at a small cemetary in Lorain Ohio to visit the graves of both sets of our paternal Great Grandparents. Irene and John Zboray was my grandmother's parents and Samuel and Rosa Kigyossy was my grandfather's parents. Interestingly, my brother pointed out that these were the first members of our family to arrive in America and all previous graves would be located in Hungary. My grandfather changed the family name from Kigyossy to Kinsey to Americanize it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last night, I was asking Adam about his blog and if it was easy to edit and post to it. I was thinking of creating one myself, but after he pointed out that he's typically the one to take most of the pictures on our adventures, he said that he'd add me as "editor" to his blog. So, his blog led me to yours, and I have fallen in love with it! I love the pictures, commentary, recipes and little insights on life. I am bookmarking it on the laptop to keep up to date on it. Since I haven't started work yet, I spent the morning catching up on the archives. Maybe I can convince Adam to let me try some of my own individual posts to see if I can't stir up my creative juices. :)

Btw, I love pictures of your family's headstones. I don't know if you know this, but back "home" in Continental, at the end of our dead end road, there's a cemetary. Although no family is actually buried back there, I used to love going on walks back there and reading the family names and dates on the stones. Many of them are 19th Century as well, as the cemetary has been closed to "new additions" (for lack of a better term) for quite some time now.