Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It Isn't a Pretty Picture

My geraniums were quite pretty this year---forgive me for bragging. A gorgeous Fuschia color that glowed in the twilight with nice flat leaves that didn't curl. I loved them so much I am going to try a technique to save them. I pulled them out of the pots, shook the dirt off the roots and placed them upside down in a cardboard box--all 18 of them and they will go in the cool dark basement(and no watering or tending). No, I haven't lost my mind! I did this many years ago after reading about it-----and it worked! In March I will bring them out of the basement where they will look withered and dead. I'll plant them indoors in pots and start watering and hopefully, they will come back to life. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: