Sunday, October 19, 2008

The first pic is what it looks like outside---note the frost in the shade. The second pic is what it looks like inside my kitchen. And the last pic is what it smells like inside my kitchen. Baked and ready to go to a family reunion. Here is my easy recipe.
Apple Pie
9 or 10 inch baked pie shell
8 cups apples. I always like Granny Smith but since the local apples are in-I used a combination with Jonagolds being the main fruit
2/3 cups sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 Tbl cinnamon
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Mix flour, sugar and spices. Layer 1/2 apples in pan and pour over 1/2 dry ingredients. Repeat.
Dot with 1/2 stick butter. Cover with pie crust. Pierce top to vent steam. I paint with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse white sugar. Bake 45 mins at 350 degrees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess that answers my question about going to the family reunion!! Would have been there if I had my way. Missing and thinking about everyone. I love all my family so much.