Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tribute to Axle

I adored this dog. I found this old pic and it brought back a lot of memories of our short relationship. He belonged to Adam's fraternity house and I was lucky enough to dog sit on occasion. We bonded right from the beginning---I think it was because we had so much in common. We both were older and could stand to lose some weight. Axle had a stroke before we met and he tired easily. You could throw his ball and he would run and catch it---you could throw it again and he would look at you and walk into the house. I know---my kind of dog. I begged to adopt him but the fraternity house wouldn't give him up---and I don't think they fed him a very healthy diet either. He was put to sleep several years ago, but I miss him still. So--what is the purpose of this post. If my family is reading it--I would love a dog for Christmas. A Golden Retriever---and it could be an older dog.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's not axle, that's axel. I don't recall having a dog ever named axle. I do recall bringing home a dog named axel.

Diane in Nashville said...

I just want to hug him!! :)